GL Garrad Hassan will perform a detailed site- and device-specific cost-benefit analysis of maintenance costs, and the potential losses, due to underperformance and low availability levels. An in-depth analysis of the site's SCADA data enables parameters, such as statistical failure rates and repair times, to be assessed. These parameters and other meteorology-dependent parameters are then used to design the required probabilistic models.
The flexible and customisable service package GL Garrad Hassan offers includes:
- O&M budgeting and sensitivity analysis: Comparison of real to budgeted expenses and of actual failure rates to industry average; evaluation of different O&M scenarios to define an optimised scenario
- Spare parts strategy advice: Identification of supply chain bottlenecks; evaluation of various spare part sourcing options; development of a main component repair strategy; advice on main component storage; cost-benefit analysis of stockholding costs
- Review and advice on retrofit solutions: Evaluation of the potential impact of proposed retrofit solutions on future O&M costs and solar availability
- Operational risk mitigation: Identification of possible risks; an FMECA to establish the probability of failure and severity of consequences; recommendations for additional software and hardware; advice on subcontractor management; proposal of maintenance planning schedules
- End-of-warranty handover strategy planning: Comprehensive advice and assistance to ensure trouble-free, cost-optimised transition from the warranty period to a client’s own responsibility for O&M