DNV GL has the in-house expertise required to carry out all these tasks and support a developer in making the connection application, through completion of the necessary technical requirements. This service brings a client added value in two ways; submission of the connection application with the correct technical information and the reassuring feeling that a connection can be achieved at a reasonable cost.
The electrical interconnection service provided covers a wide range of tasks, with the exact scope of the work undertaken dependent on the client's specific needs. The work may include:
- Network connection feasibility: Identification of possible connection points and the size of solar project that can be connected at a given point; confirmation of the suitability of an existing network connection
- Grid connection application: Completion of the technical information and submission of the application
- Technical requirements for grid connection: Identification and collation of all the technical requirements to obtain a clear basis for the project design
- Device grid compatibility: Evaluation of the devices' ability to meet relevant codes and requirements: advice, where additional plant may be required
- Solar collection system and cabling: Design of the collection system, usually involving a customised trade-off study
- Calculation of electrical losses within the site: Either performed as part of the energy assessment or the optimisation processes for the electrical design
- Selection and sizing of ancillary electrical equipment: Specification of switchboards, transformers, filters
- Load flow and short circuit analysis: Within a site and possibly the wider network
- Power quality calculations
Whatever services you need, simply get in touch and we will provde you with a comprehensive package to facilitate your electrical interconnection.