The SCADA computer system runs on Windows 2003 and is built from software components using standard open interfaces (OPC, ODBC and web technology).
Local & Remote AccessAll local and remote user access is through standard web browsers allowing multi-user access and easy remote access.
Local users can access the system through a web browser on the SCADA PC or on any other networked PC.
Remote users can access the system from any PC with a web browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator) without requiring any extra hardware or software.
Remote AlertsThe system can be configured to alert staff via mobile phone, pager, fax or email if any part of the wind farm requires attention. This feature can be configured to operate continuously for unmanned sites or only during certain times of day as required.
SecuritySecurity is based on standard NT security and can be customised to meet the requirements of particular sites. The following groups are defined:
• View real time status only
• View real time status and allow commands
• View real time status and access historical data
• View real time status, allow commands and access historical data
• View real time status, allow commands, access historical data and set-up configuration access
• Full system administration access