WaveDyn core features include:
- A time-domain simulation environment of combined structural, hydrodynamic and applied loads (e.g. PTO and mooring), with a variable timestep integrator for optimisation run-times.
- The ability to input a wide range of wave conditions, from measured sea states to parameterised spectral shapes (including directional spectra).
- A multibody structural dynamics solver, which allows the user to build multibody structures of different types and forms, that match the physical layout of the real machine.
- Accurate and detailed applied forces modules, that allow all the key loads to be fully coupled with the structural model (hydrodynamics, PTO, moorings).
- Nonlinear formulation, including real system templates able to apply motion, force and moment constraints, and incorporate internal PTO states.
- A Windows-graphical user interface with all core pre and post-processing features, and an online help facility.