The monitoring service GL Garrad Hassan provides includes a review of operating reports and other relevant information to reveal potential issues, and an in-depth analysis of the high-resolution SCADA data to identify and investigate specific phenomena such as underperformance or turbine malfunction. Specialist tools and processes are used to qualify and quantify any production losses and identify the root cause of a fault. GL Garrad Hassan can then advise the asset manager on remedial solutions, including on-site guidance.
Operational wind farm databases are compiled to establish availability and performance trends and to get a clearer picture of any long-term risks. An objective assessment of production, performance, reliability and availability statistics allows an asset manager to benchmark the asset’s performance against the industry standard. This facilitates the process of optimising performance, minimising downtime and efficiently planning maintenance and spare part supply planning.
GL Garrad Hassan offers the following specific services:
• SCADA data management and archiving
• Wind farm performance and condition trend analysis
• Fault analysis and diagnostics
• Reliability, MTBF and availability benchmarking
• Warranty and liquidated damages calculations
• Analysis in preparation for end-of-warranty or periodic inspections