Mechanical & structural design
Garrad Hassan Turbine Engineering offers a range of mechanical and structural design services for wind turbine components from concept, through analysis, to preparation of design documentation, specifications and certification-friendly deliverables.
Typical activities result in the design and /or specification of the systems and components below. The output includes 3D CAD drawings, technical specifications and finite element modelling of components to provide strength calculations:
- Blade specification
- Pitch mechanical system specification
- Main bearing system specification (including housings)
- Main shaft
- Main frame including auxiliary frame
- Gearbox specification, including main shaft coupling
- High speed shaft and mechanical brake specification
- Hydraulic system specification
- Yaw system specification
- Tower with foundation insert
- Rotor lock specification.