DNV GL offers advanced design which includes delivery of 3D CAD models.
The output of the concept design phase includes a turbine concept layout in CAD form, as well as all the necessary information required for the following Preliminary Design phase.
The concept design process typically commences with a kick-off meeting to formalise the concept requirements. Development of the control and safety concept is followed by the creation of a preliminary Bladed model of the wind turbine which establishes baseline loading information for selection of critical components. The concept is then developed by considering the system layout and reviewing the availability and capability of key design driving components. A Concept Design Specification document is prepared which typically includes:
- Basic design parameters
- Required design standard, certification rules and wind class
- Definition of control and safety concept
- Bladed model and baseline loads
- Key component and sub-system selection and definition
- Power train arrangement
- Layout and general outline of all major structures and bearings
- Dimensions and mass estimates of major components
- CAD model of design concept.