This service is offered at the initial stage of project development where developers require a general overview of their site(s) and an assessment of how feasible the site(s) may be. DNV GL usually delivers a multi-criteria study of a proposed site, combining a preliminary analysis of the wind resource and expected energy production, foundation concept, interconnection potential, construction complexity and consenting issues. If various sites are being considered, DNV GL can also provide a weighted ranking of sites to assist developers in choosing the best one.
A typical service package includes:
- Initial mapping of site constraints e.g. natural features, special uses, regulatory requirements; pre-screening for interference with military operations or other radio-communication issues
- Development of a preliminary layout and therefore capacity of the site
- An initial wind resource (likely to rely on meso-scale wind mapping), energy production and high level financial analysis
- Identification of a range of turbine models, suggested for further consideration at the site
- A grid connection study
- Details of case studies are available on request.