For the offshore wind farm industry specifically DNV GL has undertaken the CDM Coordinator role on the Lynn and Inner Dowsing offshore wind farm, the Barrow offshore wind farm and, more recently, on the Thanet offshore wind farm.
DNV GL was also commissioned by the BWEA to develop a Health and Safety incident database, which was designed to provide vital safety information and statistics back for use by the industry.
DNV GL’s service provision includes, but is not limited to:
• Preparation of safety management systems on behalf of clients for both their organisational and project needs.
• Running and coordinating hazard and risk assessments (HAZIDS, HAZOPS and HAZMANS).
• Undertaking Health and Safety audits on projects.
• Providing Health and Safety specialists and engineers on supporting project roles.
• Producing Health and Safety guidelines for projects and industry topics.
• Managing Health and Safety and incident databases.
• Undertaking the role of CDM Coordinator on offshore wind farm projects where the CDM regulations apply.
• Providing framework advice to major Health and Safety industry regulatory bodies.
• Managing stakeholder engagements on safety related issues.