Blade aerodynamic design
DNV GL offers advanced aerodynamic design to optimise overall turbine design.
Our service delivers clients with a considered aerodynamic design solution that also integrates controller algorithm optimisation, load calculation and cost of energy optimisation.
Design is tailored to accommodate client-specific requirements so that individual goals and constraints are addressed. The design process takes into consideration client requirements related to the following areas:
- Maximum chord length
- Radial position of the maximum chord length
- Maximum twist of the blade
- Preferences for aerofoils
- Structural loading and dynamics
- Maximum deflection
- Absolute or relative thickness distribution
Proposed design solutions are always subject to detailed sensitivity analysis in order to ensure their robustness.